Services we can offer Main Contractors:
At the initial tendering period we can assist with the preparation of builders quant’s/measurement take offs which can be compiled and issued to the relevant estimating department to utilise within their lump sum fixed price/ design and build tender submission. We are would liaise closely with the estimating team compiling the tender and are happy to attend any required meetings throughout the tendering period.
When a project becomes live we can assist with any Procurement work, specialist or otherwise, where a relevant Subcontract package requires to be tendered and appointed.
In addition to the services we offer at the Procurement Stage, we can commercially manage all aspects of the Post Contract works as well. These include:
- Agreeing Interim Valuations with the relevant Subcontractor
- Managing any Variation Work and agreeing fixed price Instructions
- Finalising and agreeing the monthly Valuation with the relevant Client’s representative
- Agreeing Final Accounts ongoing
- Chairing regular Value Engineering Workshops
- Create monthly Cost/Value Reconciliation Reports for the overall project and arrange and attend any meetings to discuss their content
- Analyse Cash Flow throughout the duration of the works
Services we can offer Subcontractors:
At the initial tender stage we can assist the sub-contractor to assess the tender enquiry in detail, ask any relevant questions to the Main Contractor who has requested the price and submit the tender in a professional and timely manner. Throughout this process we would be keeping regular contact with our sub-contractor client and discussing the bid to ensure that what is submitted is as best as it can be.
When works are live on site we can control all Commercial Management aspects from either working from our clients offices or our own such as:
- Submitting Interim Applications within the pre-determined timescales
- Agreeing the Measured Works/Variations ongoing
- Liaise with the Main Contractor/Developing Contractor’s QS and discuss and agree a conclusion to any issues that may arise throughout the course of the works
- Agree the Final Account as early as possible
- Monitor Cost against Value ongoing to ensure that the initial profit levels set are being met
“Team ethos and drive are vital ingredients”
The ethos of Project management is to provide management services over the entire construction process to achieve the required specification and quality of works, to ensure delivery on time and adherence to the budget.
We provide Project Management services in different ways.
We are happy to act as Project Manager on larger scale projects when working in conjunction with a full design team and client in order to ensure that the project is delivered on time to the required specification and to budget.
Quantum Solutions also offers Project Management services on smaller projects such as renovation or self build projects where the client employs a professional to manage the works instead of a builder.
Our Project Management Service provides the following benefits to our clients.
- More cost effective option than employing a builder or contractor directly
- Ability to introduce a selection of well respected companies from our supply chain such as:
Sub-Contractors/Architects/Engineers who have a proven track record
- Complete transparency when discussing and agreeing building costs
- The ability to make changes at short notice and through all aspects of the building works without incurring inflated variation costs
- Access to supplier trade accounts where discounts of up to 40% can be attained
- An experienced construction professional will personally manage the project from initial concept to completion in a single turnkey operation
“Being commercially aware is essential when looking after the clients best interests”
Commercial Management is not a skill learned at University but earned through the experience of managing and delivering projects of varying requirements over a duration of time; learning from these experiences and applying that knowledge to future projects and situations.
This entails being commercially aware and able to apply previously gained hands-on knowledge to a new situation which does not always have a text book answer.
Our Director Richard Neilson has held the position of “Commercial Manager” with previous companies, where he has managed the full commercial team efficiently and effectively, thereby minimising risk to the client.
“Working closely with the client and legal representative delivers results”
Quantum Solutions have been involved in settling complex disputes associated with the development process on behalf of building and asset owners, specialist contractors and legal representatives.
Our involvement to date has been mainly related to representing national Main Contractors and Contractor Developers throughout the Central belt of Scotland, where we have successfully resolved many disputes, enabling a project to continue and be completed on-time.
Dispute Resolution skills also, are not achieved solely from a text book but are developed from hands-on experience.
In the current climate, in an attempt to minimise costs, clients are, at an early stage, seeking alternatives to directly employing legal representation in dispute resolution.
Quantum Solutions can get involved with a client in a Project’s infancy, to advise on the best way to resolve a dispute, which may necessitate taking legal representation or may involve a team approach where the client, Quantum Solutions and the legal representative would work together to deliver the end result.